24 Nov Monday, 25/11/13
A few things:
– Registration for the Dec 7 event will close this Saturday. We have over 70 people registered so far. If you are wondering if you should register don’t stress about it the workouts will be no more difficult than the ones you do on a regular basis through the week. Even if you do not want to compete and you would like to donate, click on the link to register and there is an option to donate without signing up for the comp.
– We have been asking you to respect the equipment and I am very pleased that there has been less damage to our bumpers recently so thank-you for taking that responsibility seriously, we really do appreciate it. A few collars have been broken though so try to be mindful of not unloading the weights onto the collars if they’re lying on the floor, they break too.
– Please bring a towel and water bottle and USE THEM! I often see a towel close by to someone producing sweat puddles. Use your towel to absorb the sweat before it gets to this point. While we do provide water cups a water bottle is the preferred option. Cups are prone to being knocked over and we pick up quite a few cups that are left around the gym after class.
– Take your bags upstairs on arrival. Do not leave them near the downstairs pigeon holes, they are a tripping hazard.
– Finally (for now), please do not enter the gym workout space until the previous group has cleared the area. Despite your ninja abilities you are a distraction to the trainers and can interfere with the workout in progress in ways you may not be aware of. Respect each group’s dedicated hour of training. When your hour is over, vacate the workout space so that the next group can begin. We have the luxury of the Mobility Room, use it.
3 rounds for time:
1 Power Clean
10 Front Squats (unbroken)
1 minute rest between rounds. You may adjust weights during the rest period.
Score = Total tonnage – Total Seconds
eg. 3 rounds of 50kg front squats – time taken of 10 minutes and 10 seconds
(3 x 10 x 50) – (10 mins 10 secs) = 1500 – 610 = 890 (score on board)