23 Feb Monday, 24/02/14
The Reebok CrossFit Games Open begins this week. The current plan is to run three sessions dedicated to doing the Open workout.
Friday, 5pm. This will take precedence over the Open Gym available space.
Saturday, 6.30 and 9.30am. Depending on what the Open workout is the 7.30 and 8.30am classes may or may not be the same workout as the other time slots. There will be no TECH and SKILLS sessions during the Open season.
Those of you who have registered please try to get to one of these sessions. Remember to register your score as soon as possible after completing the workout so that it is done. Too many people leave it too long and then forget to do it. We do not want to have to chase up people and remind them to register their score.
A few other matters:
– If you do not have one yet please purchase a roll of strapping tape and remember to bring it to class. The trainers are regularly asked for a strip of tape throughout the day. We buy our own tape too and it disappears fast when we hand it out so often. We like to be helpful, but please don’t be offended if we suggest you buy a roll to keep in your kit.
– Also have your own skipping rope handy at all times. Again, we don’t mind providing skipping ropes but it doesn’t help you to be using a different rope each time and then getting frustrated by your lack of progress at double-unders. We have JAW speed ropes ($20) for sale at the gym if you need one.
– The new showers and toilets are not quite finished so until we give you the green light continue to use the Indoor Sports facilities.
– 10 minutes to warm up to 85% of your 1RM
– These are two single reps performed on the minute
– No dumping the bar from the top. This weight should be comfortably lowered to the floor with control.
– *Optional 10 pushups per round
2 rounds for time:
15 Wall Ball (9/6kg to 12/10′ target)
15 Russian KB Swings (24/16kg)
15 Second L-Sit